Five-night foodie break to a rustic farmhouse hotel, specially selected for its charm, style and authenticity, w/ flights & cooking lesson included! Book your fabulous B&B foodie break today! Total from £189pp
Sicily is not just at the geographical heart of the Mediterranean, but its stunning culinary hub too. “To cook like your mother is good; to cook like your grandmother is better” surmises the fundamentals ofSicilian cuisine, with age-old recipes, featuring the best of local harvests passed between the generations. Follow the uphill roads of blossoming almond trees here and you’ll not only experience a landscape of highs and lows – from Mount Etna basking in the sun to the glistening shores of the Mediterranean – but a gastronomic break with more than a few Sicilian delights.
With a rightfully proud heritage focused on uniting agriculture and tourism, the second-generation family-run Villa Dafna invites you to taste all the flavours of authentically rural Italian “campagna”. Here you can track the restaurant’s finest “siccagno” tomatoes and ricotta cheese from the adjoining farm and even learn some of those traditional recipes with a cooking class. Best of all, staying inlarge country-style rooms, you get the best seat in the house with mouth-watering views of theoutdoor pool or surrounding countryside to frame eternal summer evenings.
- We take care of Return Flights from London to Palermo
- A stay includes Bed & Breakfast Board Basis
- One Complimentary Cooking lesson (1h30min lesson in English)
- One Complimentary meal
- Enjoy all the authentic pleasures of a rural vacation in Sicily
- Stay in a property that captures the essence of the region
- Dip into the pool with the backdrop of the Sicilian countryside
- Slow down to match the leisurely pace of this traditional land
- Sample the best Sicilian cuisine….organically grown at the farm!
- Stay in country-style rooms overlooking the surrounding valley
- Learn about the secrets of Sicilian cuisine with a cooking lesson
- Dine on the delicious results accompanied by a glass of wine
- Feel the sun on your face as you relax in the sweeping garden
- Little ones can splash around in the shallow wading pool
- Create the Sicily of your dreams with a number of activities
- See the agricultural essence of Sicily with a visit to the farm
- Marvel at the traditional methods of gathering produce
A recently restored farmhouse which combines healthy rural simplicity with comfortable hospitality, surrounded by delightful countryside and green pastures between Palermo, Agrigento and the unique coastline of Cefalu.
The farm is organically run, and also rears sheep and cows. The farm, with a scenic view of the valleys, has 20 rooms with private bathrooms, furnished in an Arte Povera style, with air conditioning, heating, safe, minibar, television, hairdryer and telephone It also offers 5 apartments with kitchenettes.
Adults and children can relax in the 2 swimming pools, while the riding school offers horseback excursions. The pastoral farm, dairy farm and fruit and vegetable orchards and gardens provide produce for the restaurant's traditional rural dishes, where guests can learn how to recreate in the farm's cookery courses. You can enjoy regional cuisine at the restaurant or relax with a drink at the bar. The property offers free Wi-Fi and parking. Alia centre is 3 km from this country house and you can reach the Mediterranean Sea in approximately 45 minutes by car.
The farm produces and sells typical regional produce, such as traditional Sicilian cheeses, preserves and organic tomato sauce. A perfect location for those who want to experience a region rich in culture and natural beauty, which spans from the crystal sea of Cefalu to the inland countryside, from the sandy coast of Agrigento to the volcanic summit of Etna, from the Madonie Regional Natural Park to the Monti Sicani nature reserve, and the fascinating Palermo with its history of past civilizations such as the Valley of the Temples. At Villa Dafne, guests can enjoy horse riding, hiking, and a holiday surrounded by nature, wonderful food and wine and the utmost relaxation.
Ideal for a short break our fantastic offer includes return flights from London Stansted, a twin/double room, continental buffet-style breakfast and a complementary cooking lesson. Test your culinary skills with an authentic Italian cooking lesson and enjoy eating the fantastic results, ideal for those with a passion for Italian cuisine.
It’s a great area to explore with rolling countryside and magnificent scenery, car hire is the ideal way to travel around ensuring you don’t miss anything, prices starting from just £60 for 5 days in low season. For those of you wishing to stay longer then please speak to our sales team who will be more than happy to tailor make your dream Sicilian trip.